feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Travel Insurance - do I need insurance for a holiday in the UK?

Last week my consort and I booked a two centre feast on the Scottish Isles. Seven existence on Skye and then a transmit over to Steornabhagh for an advance seven existence on the Isle of Lewis. Wonderful scenery, enough of walks and masses of harmony and soothe.

You could have blown me over when my community tour agent assumed that I required tour swathe for an additional £27.50. Not on your Nellie the Lock Ness monster, I thought. Who wants voyage indemnity for a feast in Britain? The National Health Serviced is unbound and in a crisis, my son could guide up and produce us home.

Later in the relaxing locale of my meeting area I got to idea ......

Holiday misfortunes don't only ensue abroad. So with my pessimistic hat on, I made an addendum of the risks:


* Some rotter might pinch our luggage

* Last week I bought an all singing and dancing digital camera especially for the fall. Got it on the Internet. I might waste it while away.

* If each of us were hospitalised we wouldn't want to be stranded on Skye. We'd want to transport to our resident hospice in Warwickshire.

* My consort's parents are getting on. God forbade, but I'd have to cancel the feast if something happened to them just before we're due to go.

* One of us could be taken ill before we quit and we'd be forced to cancel. As the ferries and the hotels were non-cancellable, we'd escape everything we'd salaried.

* There may be a major setback at the pass untaken over to the Isle of Lewis. Besides the inconvenience, we have to pose an ultra overnight vacation on Skye.

* One of us might be called up for jury advantage.


Then it struck me. If I were holidaying in the Britain, my unbound Home and Contents plan might shelter me for passing of my camera or luggage. I dug out the strategy deed. Lucky I did. I was only insured for "private possessions" if they were listed and as I'd just bought my digital camera I hadn't got rotund to memo it as a dear thing on my strategy.

Another part struck me. I'd mislay my no claims discount if I made a festival related take on my Home & Contents document. That wouldn't be a good idea. I've got the ten year claims free record that strategy and it still charge me £310 a year. I jotted down an another edge - memorize, when the strategy comes up for renewal, see if I could get it cheaper on the Internet.

By now a trek rule at £27.50 for was looking worthwhile after all.

Now my husband says I'm a bit of an old skin flint. So keep up the view! I know, get back online and test out the journey agents' strategy at £27.50. Is it competitive?

Not all the web sites I surfed could deal me a solo visit travel policy for a festival within the UK but within ten minutes I'd found what I sought - and a discount of over £10!

Time to analyze the small imprint to confirm I had the cover I wanted. Great, all the risks I had famous were sheltered. The insurer would even pay out £30 if my ship was delayed for up to 12 hours and then give me the option to cancel my tumble to the Isle of Lewis and get my money back.

Now what wouldn't they pay for? I wasn't sheltered if my holiday was for minus than two nights or my lodge was less than 25 miles away from home. I also had to greet the first £30 of any maintain. Seeming pale to me.

The certitude was made. Simply manner in my credit card facts and I was insured in a CLICK.

Technorati! Ma.gnolia! Mixx! Digg! Del.icio.us! Facebook! Google! StumbleUpon! Reddit! Squidoo! Yahoo! FURL Twitter! MySpace

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment